At Plumbs’ Dairy we are committed to protecting your privacy and respecting your personal information, being transparent about what we do with it. We aim to be clear about how we obtain your details and only process them in ways that you would reasonably expect.
How Plumbs’ Dairy Ltd obtains your personal information
- The information we collect
- How we will use your personal information
- Who we share your information with
- Your choices regarding your information we hold How do we obtain your personal information?
We do not automatically collect or process any personally identifiable information, any information we may collect and process about you is provided by you when you give it directly to us, for example by becoming a customer or employee. You do not have to provide any personal information to access our website www.plumbs-dairy.co.uk however we may also collect and process Personal Data about you when you:
- Fill in forms on our Website (for example through the ‘contact us’ page)
- Enter one of our competitions or promotions
- Subscribe to our consumer email database
We do not share this information with any other parties but we will contact you if there is any legitimate reason to do so.
What information do we collect?
Personal Data is any information that can be used to identify you and includes information such as your name, date of birth, email address, postal address, telephone number, fax number, bank details and credit/debit card details.
We only process information that is necessary or where you have consented, and only keep it while it is needed. Data protection law recognizes that certain categories of personal information are more sensitive, such as health issues or personal circumstances, we will only collect sensitive personal information where there is a clear need to do so.
How do we use your personal information?
We treat all Personal Data received from you as confidential and it will only be used for our purposes providing there is a legal basis for processing or if we have a legitimate interest to do so, as stated in Article 6 of the GDPR.
We will not sell or rent your personal data or authorise any third party agent to do so.
- We use your personal information to manage your account and give you the information regarding it, such as to send out your invoices.
- We use your information to keep you up to date with the products we supply, promotions and any changes to your account with us.
- We use your personal information to look into, and respond to, complaints, legal claims or other issues.
- We use personal data to carry out analysis and research in order to help us to understand how we are performing as a business and how we can improve our services.
- We may also use your personal information for other purposes which we specifically notify you about and, where appropriate, obtain your consent.
- Direct marketing with your consent, we may use your information to send you communications about promotions, newsletters, competitions, events.
Our forms have clear marketing preference questions and we include information on how you can say no to such marketing.
You can let us know if you would prefer not to receive these communications at any time by emailing info@Plumbs-dairy.co.uk or calling us on 01223 893033 or writing to our head office at the address below.
- Building profiles and targeting communications
We will make sure all communications are relevant, timely and provide the correct information on the type of account you have with us.
Your Personal data shall not be kept any longer than is necessary.
Who do we share your information with?
Your information will be used by Plumbs’ Dairy Ltd, we may also share your details to third parties:
- If there is an issue regarding your account with us, we may need to share with organisations who will act on our behalf, for example financial and legal advisers for the purposes of obtaining advice and protecting our legal rights.
- Where we believe the law requires it or in response to a demand by any Government, regulatory or enforcement authority, or with the emergency services if we think there is a risk of serious harm or abuse to you or someone else.
- In the event that we sell or buy any business or assets, in which case we may disclose your Personal Data to the prospective seller or buyer.
- If Plumbs’ Dairy Ltd is acquired by a third party, in which case Personal Data held by it will be one of the transferred assets the data we collect from you may be processed, transferred to, and stored at a destination outside the European Economic Area, by submitting your Personal Data you agree to this transfer, storing and processing. These countries may not have similar data protection laws to the UK but we will take all steps reasonably necessary to ensure that your data is treated securely.
When we collect your personal information we use strict procedures and security features to prevent unauthorised access and use. However, no data transmission over the Internet is 100% secure.
We work hard to keep your data safe and use appropriate technical and organisational measures to ensure, as far as reasonably possible, the confidentiality, integrity and availability of your information at all times.
Like most websites we use ‘cookies’ to help us make our site, and the way you use it, better. Cookies are small text files of letters and numbers stored on your browser or hard drive of your computer and they contain information that is transferred to the computers hard drive. The cookies we use on our website are analytical and are stored temporarily. This allows us to count the number of visitors to the website and how they use it. Cookies can not identify individuals.
Most browsers allow you to refuse to accept cookies and to delete cookies. The methods for doing so vary from browser to browser, and from version to version. You can however obtain up-to-date information about blocking and deleting cookies via these links:
(a) https://support.google.com/chrome/answer/95647?hl=en (Chrome);
(d) https://support.microsoft.com/en-gb/help/17442/windows-internet-explorer-delete-manage-cookies (Internet Explorer);
(e) https://support.apple.com/kb/PH21411 (Safari); and
Blocking all cookies will have a negative impact upon the usability of many websites.
If you block cookies, you will not be able to use all the features on our website.
Our website may contain links to other websites which may be of interest to you, however if you follow the links to other websites please note these will have their own Privacy Policies and cookies and we do not accept any responsibility or liability or these.
Accessing and updating your personal information
You have the right to request access to any information we hold about you, this can be done by writing to Justin Plumb, Plumbs’ Dairy Ltd, Unit 7 The Grip Industrial Estate, Linton, Cambridge CB21 4XN or emailing firstname.lastname@example.org . A fee of £10 may be charged and we will need to verify your identity. You also have the right to contact us if you believe your personal information is incorrect, if you need to make changes or if you believe we are no longer entitled to use it.
You can also let us know if you would no longer like to receive marketing communications from us by emailing email@example.com or calling 01223 893033 or writing to our Head Office at the address above.
Other Information The data controller is Plumbs’ Dairy Ltd, registered company no.07670046 The registered address is c/o Reardon & Co Ash House, Breckenwood Road, Fulbourn Cambridge CB21 5DQ.
Reviewed 22nd May 2018